These effortless pancakes can be cooked up in a jiffy. Flavour levels are taken to a whole new level with a generous sprinkle of our warming cinnamon infused winter spice. Pile on with your favourite toppings you wont even miss the sugar.
Here's the recipe...
- 1 Cup of self-raising flour (120g)
- 2/3 Cup Milk of your choice (140ml)
- 3 free-range eggs (separate egg whites and yolks)
- Half a teaspoon of The Gym Chef Winter Spice
- Half a cup of frozen blueberries
- One banana (sliced)
1. Grab a large bowl and whisk the egg whites till you get firm peaks. For an extra arm workout opt for a hand whisk rather than an electric mixer.
2. In a separate bowl mix the flour, egg yolks, milk and Winter Spice into a thick batter.
3. Gently fold in the egg whites to the batter mixture.
4. Heat a large non stick pan to a medium heat, spray with a 1 cal spray.
5. Pour large spoonfuls of the batter into the pan forming pancakes. Lightly fry on each side.
6. Serve while they're hot with toppings of your choice. We've added slices of banana, and a quick blueberry sauce by simply whizzing up some frozen blueberries in a blender.