Big Bowls with BIG FLAVOUR…
Prep Time 10 mins | Cooking time 25 mins
- 600g sirloin double steak (2inch thick)
- The Gym Chef Korean BBQ seasoning
- Pink Salt
- Ramen Noodles (400g pack)
- 1 pack miso paste
- 2 table spoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic
- thumb size piece of fresh ginger
- 500ml of water
- 2 soft boiled organic eggs
- 4 spring onions
- Coriander to garnish
- Lime wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the steak
- Season the steak with a little drizzle of olive oil, 2 heap teaspoons of our Korean BBQ seasoning and a sprinkle of Pink Himalayan salt.
- heat a frying pan till its smoking hot.
- Pan sear the steak for 6-8 mins turning frequently.
- once cooked to your liking, take off the heat and leave to rest. We like ours a little pink on the inside.
For the broth
- heat a wok and add oil and garlic
- add half of the sliced ginger and spring onions
- carefully add the water
- season the broth by adding the soy sauce, oyster sauces, fish sauce, miso paste, rice wine vinegar and sriracha.
- stir well and heat for 5 mins.
Make the Ramen
- Broth first or noodles first…ah the age old question - its up to you.
- Grab two large bowls,
- split the hot broth between the two bowls,
- add the prepared noodles,
- pile on slices of the cooked steak,
- top with a soft boiled egg sliced in half,
- add spring onions, coriander, slices of ginger,
- serve with a wedge of lime.
Enjoy while its hot - Check our the video -