Lets celebrate this iconic British dish with a healthy spin on the classic recipe. Traditional deep fried battered fish and chips move aside. Our delicious version will have your taste buds tingling, with none of the guilt.
For this recipe we are using mackerel fillets. A great under used fish which is sustainable, taste great and a great source of essential omega 3 oils.
Simply pan seared for an extra crunch served with oven roasted chips sprinkled with Italian basil.
- 4 Mackerel Fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 table spoon of The Gym Chef Lemon and herb seasoning
- Olive oil
- 3 medium size potatoes (Maris Piper)
Serves 2 (...or 1 depending on how hungry you are)
- Preheat oven to 200 Degress
- Cut potatoes into chips.
- Wash and dry the chips.
- Place on a baking tray, add a splash of olive oil and bake for 25 mins.
- Add a little olive oil to a large frying pan.
- Dry the mackerel fillets with kitchen paper, season the flesh with Lemon and herb seasoning. Dust the skin side with a little flour, and add to the frying pan, skin-side down. As the fillets curl up away from the heat, gently apply pressure to the fillet to ensure that the fish stays flat and all of the skin comes into contact with the pan
- Cook the fillets for 2 mins each side ensuring the skin side is nice and crispy.
- Serve with the oven roasted chips.
Our macro friendly lemon and herb seasoning is perfect for fish. Grab yours here.