We’ve roasted this rack of lamb beautifully with a lemon and herb flavoured breadcrumb crust.
The citrus and rosemary in our lemon and herb blend is the perfect marriage of flavours for spring lamb.
We served this masterpiece simply with boiled new potatoes and asparagus.
Five simple ingredients plus our lemon and herb seasoning.
10 mins prep
20 mins cooking
1 rack of lamb
300g new potatoes
2 slices of wholemeal seeded bread
20 ml olive oil
2 teaspoons of lemon and herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Blend the bread to create fine breadcrumbs and place in a bowl
- Add the Lemon and Herb seasoning to the breadcrumbs along with the oil.
- Mix well until the mixture becomes into a slight wet (but sticky) mix.
- Coat your lamb on one side with the mixture...firmly pressing it onto to the meat to form a crust. note: this is only applied to the outer facing side.
- Place in a roasting tin, and cook in the oven for 25 mins.
- Grab a large pan and boil the potatoes until tender. Depending on the size, they should take about 10-12 mins.
- Prepare the asparagus by snapping off the woody stalks. To do this - hold the asparagus at each end and bend. They will snap at their natural bending point.
- Once the potatoes have cooked drain and keep to a side.
- Simmer the asparagus for 2-3 mins until tender.
- The Lamb should be nicely cooked on the outside and still beautifully pink in the middle.
- Take out of the oven and allow to rest for 5 mins.
- Drain the asparagus and you can begin to plate up.
- Sprinkle the new potatoes with parsley. Carve the lamb, and serve with the asparagus.
- Optional extra, you could make a quick vinaigrette with olive oil, lemon juice and fresh parsley to drizzle on the side.